Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The view from my back door.

We have been working to improve the view from the back door lately. When we moved here everything looked brown and hopeless. Here are some pictures of our latest attempt to bring something beautiful and green into our back yard. We noticed the birds getting drinks from a bowl I had placed under one of the downspouts and thought they might like their own special place.

Here are some pics of the kids helping move the extra dirt because we don't have a wheelbarrow.

Even before the edging and plants went in, Mikey commented, "Wow, it looks so nice, I could stand here all day and just look at that!" Everyone pitched in to complete the project.

With the edging, with the pebbles, and then we let the plants loose. I want to get some flowers too, maybe marigolds or something else.

So the view from my back door is improving day by day. Hope yours is too.

1 comment:

  1. Wow-that is really beautiful! My only recommendation (from experience, unfortunately) is to not let the plants get ~too~ tall/rambly or neighbors' outdoor kitties will look at as their own personal feeding station.

    We just started marigolds in pots this weekend, and will hopefully have some to transplant in a few weeks. Actually, "pots" is a bit of a misnomer since I had just saved the plastic containers from bedding plants I bought and filled 'em up with dirt again. Marigolds are nice because they germinate so fast! We're also doing some nasturtiums in hopes of luring hummingbirds.

    ReplyDelete