Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hugo and Eleanor



Here is a smart little friend I made this afternoon. Isn't she a beauty? I turned on the hose to give my plants a little drink and turned around to find her sneaking in to get a drink from the leak at the faucet. I watched her look for just the right spot to get a drink. When she realized she was being watched, she scooted to the outer edge of the hose so she could make a hasty escape if needed. I dashed into the house to grab the camera as I wanted to catch her beauty for all to see. I began to snap a few pics and she told me her name is Eleanor and insisted that this was her good side. She turned and posed so I could capture all her splendor.


She returned to the inner part of the hose to get another drink when I noticed someone else on the fence. It was Hugo, her boyfriend. He was green with envy at all the attention I had given to Eleanor.

He said he was far more beautiful than she. He insisted I take his picture and even showed off his flashy red throat. He then stomped away with his nose in the air.










Eleanor apologized profusely for the rudeness of her boyfriend and thanked me for my hospitality. Then she vanished quickly around the side of the house without a trace. I am hoping to entertain them both again in the future. Hopefully, Hugo will warm up to us. Only one question remains in my mind, what kind of lizards are these?


No comments:

Post a Comment